Recipe and photographs by Florencia Tagliavini, The NutraMilk nutritionist.
Using nut milk replaces cream and butter that is traditionally used in pasta primavera dishes. Try making this dish with a few different nut milks such as cashew milk, almond milk or peanut milk.
For cashew milk
- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For pasta primavera
- 12-16 ounces penne pasta*
- 4 cups cashew milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1-1/2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 small zucchini or yellow squash, cut into ¼-inch dice
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup hot vegetable broth or water, or more if needed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- parsley chopped for garnish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
*you can use gluten-free pasta as well.
For cashew Milk
- Start by making fresh cashew milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place cashews in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
For Pasta Primavera
- In a large stock pot or dutch oven, sauté garlic for 1 minute then add carrots and cook for about 2 minutes- add broccoli and zucchini and sauté for 1 more minute.
- Add cashew milk or any other plant-based milk, penne pasta, more water if needed to cover pasta.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until pasta is tender and the milk has reduced.
- Stir in the tomatoes once pasta is cooked and lemon juice,
- Garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese (if not vegan).