Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
For Sunflower butter
- 2 cups raw sunflower seeds (270g)
- 1 tbsp. of sunflower oil or other oil of choice (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For sunflower dressing
- 3 tbsp. sunflower seed butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. fresh black pepper
For the chickpeas:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- salt + pepper
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
For the wraps:
- iceberg/romaine lettuce leaves
- diced cucumber
- sliced tomatoes
- olive tapenade or sliced kalamata olives
- sliced avocado
- Sunflower dressing
- Making sunflower butter
- Place sunflower seeds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 14-15 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 2-3 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, maple syrup, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl or mason jar. Add chickpeas and toss to combine. Set aside.
- To assemble lettuce wraps: take a leaf of lettuce, and top it with your marinated chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, olive tapenade, avocado, and sunflower butter dressing. Enjoy!