Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk Nutritionist Florencia Tagliavini.
Inspired by California Walnut's recipe.
- 5 ounces farfalle pasta (note you can use other types of pastas including quinoa, rice, lentil, buckwheat, etc, or butternut squash spaghetti, zucchini spaghetti, etc)
- 1/2 cup any plant-based milk (oat, almond, walnuts, etc)
- 4 tablespoons simple walnut butter
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino or Grana Padano cheese or vegan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 cups raw walnuts for butter and 1/4 cup for topping
- Cook the farfalle pasta in salted water.
- Make the walnut butter in the NutraMilk:
- Place walnuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6minutes. Press Start. If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for creamier butter.
- Use 4 tablespoons for recipe and reserve the rest for other uses.
- Mix the milk and walnut butter in a small pan at low heat. Add pecorino or Grana Padano or vegan cheese to taste.
- When the pasta is finished, drain it, add to the walnut sauce, and stir well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with chopped parsley and walnuts.
Total Time: 20 Mins