October 07, 2022
Fall Almond Butter Pasta
Fall veggies tossed in a creamy almond butter sauce with pasta for a great plant-based meal that will leave you satisfied. Loaded with nutrients from the squash, kale and almond butter, this is a great option for any lunch or dinner!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz. butternut squash, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, cut into pieces
- Freshly grated Pecorino Romano, to taste (optional or vegan cheese)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Pasta of choice (gluten-free option if you choose)
For almond sauce
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce/tamari
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. maple syrup/honey/agave (sweetener of choice)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- reserved pasta water as needed
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the sauce together in a small bowl.
- Preheating at 400°Fl. Toss butternut squash with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and spread out on a baking sheet in a single layer. Season with salt and pepper and roast for about 15 minutes until softened and just starting to turn golden brown around edges.
- Add kale to the baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining olive oil, season with the red pepper flakes and more salt and pepper. Toss everything until combined and return baking sheet to the oven for another 10 minutes until kale is roasted and stems have softened.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of generously salted water to a boil and cook your favorite pasta according to the box’s instructions. Drain and add back to the pot.
- Add sauce and veggies and toss. Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!