Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Looking for a quick and easy, yet delicious and healthy lunch? This is a great option!
A vegetarian sandwich filled with plant-protein, healthy fats and loads of fiber.
You can do some meal prep ahead of time to have lunch ready for the entire week. Make a big batch of the sandwich filling, have some tomato, avocado and lettuce cut up ahead of time and serve with bread or wrap of choice for a yummy and quick lunch. Enjoy!
For sandwich filling
- 3 oz. baby carrots (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 rib celery cut into 3-4 pieces
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup vegan garlic almond mayo sauce
- 1/2 tsp Dijon or spicy mustard
- 2 tbsp. fresh dill* (finely chopped)
- 1 healthy pinch each salt and pepper (to taste)
For garlic almond mayo sauce
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 1 clove garlic
- ½-¾ cup water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice, fresh
- Bread (gluten-free for GF eaters) and/or wraps of choice
- Sliced avocado, onion, tomato, and or lettuce (optional -for serving)
- Start by making the vegan garlic almond sauce.
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- Add garlic, water, vegetable oil, and lemon juice and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the carrots, celery and red onion into the NutraMilk and press ¨Mix¨ for a minute or less veggies are mostly finely chopped; a few larger pieces won’t make a difference.
- Add chickpeas to the NutraMilk, along with the garlic almond sauce, mustard and seasoning. Mix for just a few seconds until the chickpeas are in pieces and all is combined.
- Serve in a wrap or bread with tomato, lettuce and avocado. Enjoy!