April 27, 2023
Cucumber & Sunflower Seed Mediterranean Spread Sandwiches
Check out this recipe for these traditional finger sandwiches, perfect for luncheons or teas. Made with a homemade creamy, herby Mediterranean-style spread, created from sunflower seeds in the NutraMilk. No cream cheese or mayo in this recipe. Enjoy!
- 16 slices high-quality soft white sandwich bread (about 1 loaf), crusts removed
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 cup sunflower butter spread made with the NutraMilk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper , to taste
For sunflower Mediterranean spread
- 1 cup of raw sunflower seeds, ground
- 7 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 5 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ - ½ cup water
- Start by making sunflower butter spread
- Place sunflower seeds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 14-15 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 2-3 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth.
- Thinly Slice cucumber with mandolin or knife, spread out slices on paper towel and sprinkle with coarse salt. Let sit for about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix sunflower sour cream with dill, garlic powder and salt until well combined.
- Spread bread slices with sunflower spread mixture. Place cucumbers on top.
- Top with remaining bread slice, remove crusts (if you have´t done so and if you desire) and cut each sandwich into pieces.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.