February 16, 2023
Creamy Spinach Polenta
Deliciously creamy polenta is one of the quickest meals possible. When you are out of time this literally takes 5 minutes to make. Use a batch of the nut milk you have made with the NutraMilk for the week – if you don’t have any made, you can get into the habit of having nut milk frozen to have ready for cooking at any time. Use instant polenta and fresh or frozen spinach.
You have your green veggies in that provide fiber, loads of vitamins and minerals, plant-based protein and healthy fats from your nut milk and even though polenta is a refined carb, with the spinach and the nut milk we can balance that out a bit for a delicious quick meal when you need it. Feel free to add any more veggies or protein of choice to this quick meal.
- 1 cup (160 g) instant polenta, organic if possible
- 4 cups almond milk made with the NutraMilk (or choose any other plant-based milk made with the NutraMilk)
- 2 tbsp. butter (dairy or vegan- OPTIONAL)
- 1 cup of spinach (fresh or frozen)
- pinch of salt
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- Bring 4 cups of almond milk or another plant-based milk made with the NutraMilk to a boil in a medium sauce pan.
- Gradually sprinkle the polenta into the pan while whisking at the same time. Turn the heat to a very low simmer and cook until polenta thickens and milk is absorbed.
- Add spinach and stir until well incorporated. Add butter at this point if you choose to use it. If polenta is too thick, you can add more milk or water and mix until you reach consistency you like.
- Serve hot. Optional drizzle with olive oil and vegan parmesan cheese.