March 10, 2022
Creamy Carrot Pasta
This dairy-free creamy carrot pasta sauce is delicious and easy to make. You can make ahead of time and freeze to have on hand for not just pasta but a for any rice or veggie dish, as spread, etc. It adds so much flavor and healthy nutrients to your meal. Enjoy!
- 8–10 ounces pasta of choice (gluten-free option)
For Creamy carrot sauce:
- 1/2 an onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 heaping cups carrots, thinly sliced (3 medium carrots)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (or sub raw hemp seeds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- Set 6-8 cups salted water to boil for pasta, and cook according to directions.
Cook the sauce:
- Heat oil in a medium pot, over medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant and golden, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add carrots, water, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Cover, lower heat to low and simmer gently until carrots are fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add cashews to the NutraMilk and process until you get a butter consistency.
- Add cooked veggies to the NutraMilk and process until smooth and creamy. Adding water if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
- Once pasta is done, add carrot sauce to your pasta and mix well. Serve immediately, top with one of our homemade pesto recipes (optional).
Homemade pesto recipes:
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.