April 24, 2020
Cauliflower Fried Rice with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
For cauliflower rice
- 1 cauliflower
- 2 medium carrots, small dice
- 1 small onion, fine dice
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Cilantro to garnish (optional)
For spicy peanut sauce
- 3 to 4 tbsp. peanut butter or almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1-inch piece, fresh ginger coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. soy sauce or use coconut aminos to make soy-free
- 1 to 2 tsp lime juice
- zest of ½ lime
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Sriracha sauce or Asian chili sauce to taste
- ¼ tsp or more cayenne
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp. or more sugar or other sweetener such as honey or maple syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup or more coconut milk or other plant-based milk made with the NutraMilk
Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- Leave 3 tbsp. of peanut butter for the recipe in the NutraMilk and store the rest for later use.
Making peanut sauce
- Add all sauce ingredients to the peanut butter already in the NutraMilk and mix until all is well combined. Set aside.
Making cauliflower fried rice
- Wash and thoroughly dry cauliflower, cut it into medium chunks and discard the core.
- Place cauliflower chunks in the NutraMilk and press ¨Mix¨ for 20 seconds or so until it resembles rice. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium skillet over low heat.
- Add onion and stir frequently for a few minutes, until onion is beginning to soften and brown.
- At this point, add garlic and stir for one more minute.
- Add carrots and cook about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add cauliflower, peas along and the peanut sauce (you can also add peanut sauce when your serve dish) and mix well, cooking for a few more minutes.
- Add a good dash of lemon or lime juice. Garnish with cilantro and red pepper flakes or cayenne. Serve hot. Enjoy!