Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
These teething biscuits are tasty and have the perfect texture for your baby to practice chewing on and can provide some relief from teething. Made with only 3 natural nourishing ingredients that come together easily.
The alternative commercial teething wafers are more expensive and tend to have quite a bit of unnecessary ingredients. Spend just a few minutes per week to make a batch of these yummy biscuits your baby will love exploring with.
- 200g sweet potato
- 1 Cup oat flour (can be made from oats in the NutraMilk)
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter or other nut butter made with the NutraMilk
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato and place into a saucepan and cover with water. Boil sweet potato until tender.
- Add cooked sweet potato, peanut butter and oat flour to the NutraMilk and press ¨Mix¨ until it forms a dough. You can also do this by hand.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper or a silicone sheet.
- Place the dough on the baking paper and roll to approximately 5mm thick.
- Take a knife, a pizza cutter or a ruler and score the dough into large shapes that your baby will be able to grasp.
- Bake at 180 degrees Celsius 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25mins, until firm to touch and golden on the edges.
- Cool. Snap the rusks along the score marks. Store in an airtight container.