June 22, 2021
How To Make Coffee Ice Cream (Vegan Coffee Ice Cream) by Alphafoodie
*Total time 20 minutes
- 15 oz full-fat coconut cream separate the liquid from the solids. Alternatively, use 1 cup homemade coconut cream
- 1 cup cashew cream see below
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3.5 oz cocoa butter 100 g
- 1/3 cup coconut milk can use any leftover liquid from the coconut cream can, dairy-free milk, or water
- 3 Tbsp instant coffee
- 2 Tbsp sugar brown sugar or coconut sugar (unrefined), 20g.
- 1 Tbsp cacao powder increase for mocha ice cream
- 1/2 tsp salt 2g
To make cashew cream
- 2 cups cashews (soaking is not necessary) ~250 g soaked, ~200 g raw dry (at least 1.5 cups raw dry)
- 1 cup water or the liquid from the coconut cream can
Toppings of your choice (Optional)
Step 1: Prepare the cashew cream
Step 2: Melt the cacao butter
Using a double boiler (a bowl set over a saucepan with a couple of inches of water), melt the cacao butter until melted, then set aside to cool while preparing the coffee.
Step 3: Make the coffee
In a small saucepan, combine the coconut milk (or water), sugar, coffee granules, cacao powder, and salt and heat over medium heat to a soft boil, stirring until everything is dissolved.
Remove from the heat and pour through a sieve in case there are any remaining lumps.
Step 4: Blend the ingredients
Add all of the ingredients to the Nutramilk food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
Once blended, give the vegan coffee ice cream mixture a taste and adjust the sweetener if necessary.
If you want to make coffee crumble ice cream, add in any crunchy elements like crushed biscuits, choc chips, crushed nuts, and folding it into the blender mixture.
Step 5: Freeze the coffee ice cream
There are two methods to freeze this coffee ice cream.
1.-Ice tray method: Pour the coffee blend into a large ice cube tray (silicone is best) and transfer to the freezer, covered, for up to 6 hours or overnight – until frozen solid. (follow Step 6)
2.-Large container method: Transfer the coffee mixture to a large, wide dish (it will be transferred to a smaller one eventually, but a wider dish is best during the first freezing step).
(If you use the second method, then ignore the following steps.)
Step 6: Blend the frozen coffee cubes
- Transfer the frozen vegan coffee ice cream cubes to your Nutramilk food processor and blend into a soft, smooth ice cream consistency.
- You can then either enjoy the homemade ice cream immediately or, if it’s a little too soft for your liking, transfer the mixture to an ice cream container and place it back in the freezer for a further 30-60 minutes. Enjoy!
How to Store Coffee Ice Cream
Full recipe and tips here: https://www.alphafoodie.com/how-to-make-coffee-ice-cream/