This recipe is really basic just like any stew or soup you can absolutely bring in other greens you have lying around or stems of greens. Parsley is also really good for dog's breath. Obviously, make sure that the ingredients you want to add are okay for dogs to eat and are healthy for them!
- 2 garnet sweet potatoes
- 2 cups rice
- 4 carrots and their tops
- broccoli stems
- 1 can of pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. of ground flax seeds
- Peel and cube the sweet potatoes and add them into a pot with 4 cups of water and the 2 cups of rice. Bring to a boil and then turn down the heat to cook down the potatoes and the rice.
- Peel and cut carrots and broccoli stems (anything that you are adding that is hard) and add in.
- Once the rice and potatoes and hard veggies are cooked and softening, add in olive oil, and pumpkin puree.
- Finally add in whatever greens you're using, ground flax seeds and nutritional yeast for the last 5 minutes or so, just so everything combines and is cooked down and really soft.
- Add in water as you go and need to thin it out, there's no real measurement of water here! Sometimes I add water in at the very end because it's gotten too thick- just use your judgement!
- Turn the heat off, transfer the stew into the NutraMilk and blend! I usually do it in batches.
- Transfer stew into pyrex containers for storage. I keep one in the fridge and freeze the rest of the containers, to thaw when the fridge one is getting low! This amount of stew usually lasts us about 1 month.
- Note: And if you get hungry and need a snack, it's pretty delicious for people too! A bit bland, but you can always spice it up more for the human taste ;)