Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Try this delicious vegan sandwich for your next picnic lunch. Fill a baguette with this colorful and flavorful beet tahini dip made with the NutraMilk and veggies such as red pepper, carrot and green leaves - top with our delicious roasted pepper aioli and you´ll see, this will soon be one of your favorite sandwich fillings.
- 1 baguette of choice
- 4 tbsps. beet tahini dip made with the NutraMilk (recipe below)
- ¼ red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow or orange carrot, shredded or grated
- handful green leaves of choice and or sprouts
- 1 avocado (optional)
- Roasted pepper aioli made with the NutraMilk
*Add or sub any other ingredients you like such as cheese if not vegan.
- Cut the baguette in half so you can open it out like a book.
- Spread the beet tahini dip over the bottom half of the baguette, add the green leaves and scatter the sliced peppers, radish, and carrot along the baguette. Top with sprouts of any sort if you wish and drizzle roasted pepper aioli.
- Close baguette, wrap tightly in baking parchment and tie securely with string to take with you.
RECIPE FOR BEET TAHINI DIP
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 1 cup (220g) sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup (120ml) simple almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- salt to taste
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise made with the NutraMilk
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense
- Set aside ½ cup for mayonnaise and save the rest for later use.
Make vegan mayonnaise next:
- Blend all mayonnaise ingredients - adding the oil gradually until ingredients emulsify and you have a thick and creamy consistency.
- It´s important that the milk and the oil are at the same temperature in order for mayonnaise to emulsify.
- It works best to use an immersion blender (handheld blender) to make mayonnaise. You can also try using a whisk or a blender.
- If the consistency is too thick, add more milk and if it´s too watery add more oil.
- First, roast bell pepper by placing it on a sheet pan with parchment paper and in the oven (400°) for 25-30 minutes or until the skin is blackened and papery. Once bell pepper has cooled, remove the stem and seeds, peel the skins from the pepper and discard.
- Transfer to the NutraMilk with garlic and process for a few seconds.
- Add mayonnaise, salt, and pepper to the NutraMilk and process until well blended and smooth.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or even overnight to thicken and for the flavor to marry before serving.