August 03, 2022
Roasted Veggie Sandwich with Cashew & Sundried Tomato Spread
Spreads on sandwiches make all the difference!
This spread will take any sandwich to the next level- made easily in the NutraMilk with a creamy cashew butter base and a few other healthy ingredients that add a ton of flavor. This is one of my favorite veggie sandwiches that I have tried! Enjoy!
For sandwich (amount of veggies & bread will depend on how many sandwiches you want to make)
- Pita bread or other bread of choice (gluten-free option)
- Red bell pepper & yellow bell pepper
- Mushrooms of choice
- Red onion
- ½ cup cashew butter made with the NutraMilk (or 1 cup of raw cashews)
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes, soaked 30 minutes previously
- handful basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- water as needed
- Start by cashew butter if you don’t have a batch made.
- Place 1 cup of cashews and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Add rest of spread ingredients to the NutraMilk along with cashew butter and process until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed and add more water if you prefer a thinner/runnier consistency.
- Slice and roast vegetables in the oven: Toss in olive oil and cook for about 45 minutes or until tender. You can also grill veggies.
- Assemble sandwiches: place 1 tbsp. of spread on each slice of bread or inside of pita bread and add veggies in the order you desire. Enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.