Recipe and photographs by Florencia Tagliavini, The NutraMilk nutritionist.
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 1 cup (220g) sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup (120ml) simple almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- salt to taste
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise made with the NutraMilk
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense
- Set aside ½ cup for mayonnaise and save the rest for later use.
Make vegan mayonnaise next:
- Blend all mayonnaise ingredients - adding the oil gradually until ingredients emulsify and you have a thick and creamy consistency.
- It´s important that the milk and the oil are at the same temperature in order for mayonnaise to emulsify.
- It works best to use an immersion blender (handheld blender) to make mayonnaise. You can also try using a whisk or a blender.
- If the consistency is too thick, add more milk and if it´s too watery add more oil.
- First, roast bell pepper by placing it on a sheet pan with parchment paper and in the oven (400°) for 25-30 minutes or until skin is blackened and papery. Once bell pepper has cooled, remove the stem and seeds, peel the skins from the pepper and discard.
- Transfer to the NutraMilk with garlic and process for a few seconds.
- Add mayonnaise, salt, and pepper to the NutraMilk and process until well blended and smooth.
- Refrigerate for a few hours or even overnight to thicken and for the flavor to marry before serving.