January 22, 2019
Roasted Beet Hummus
Change up the traditional hummus for this colorful, flavorful and healthy roasted beet hummus. You won't be disappointed!
Chickpeas, or garbanzo beans, are a great source of plant-based protein, fiber, iron, zinc, phosphorus, B vitamins and more. Beets are packed with health-boosting nutrients. Aside from the many vitamins and minerals, they contain betaine which helps fight inflammation; and nitrates which get converted in the body to nitrate oxide - helping relax and dilate your blood vessels, improving blood flow and lowering blood pressure as well as possibly boosting athletic performance.
This makes a great snack or appetizer!
Yield: approximately 1¾ cup (370 g)
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (210 g)
- 2/3 cup roasted beets (115 g)
- ¼ cup tahini (60 mL)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoon cumin
- garlic clove, small to medium, peeled and minced (to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (to taste)
- Roast the beets: cut them into small chunks, drizzle with olive oil, and place in a 325° F (163° C) oven for approximately 25-30 minutes until tender.
- Place chickpeas, roasted beets, tahini, cumin, salt, and garlic in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set and run for 1 minute.
- Remove the container lid and add lemon juice and olive oil. Replace lid.
- Press Butter cycle for 1 minute, and run for 30 seconds.
Serving Suggestion: Place in serving dish and garnish with olive oil, lemon juice, pine nuts, and diced beets.
From 200 DELICIOUS & HEALTHY RECIPES for your NutraMilk from Nuts, Seeds, Grains & More by Rita Rivera