March 17, 2022
Plant-Based French Onion Dip
A party favorite, specially for game day. This homemade version of French Onion Dip is vegan, keto, paleo, and whole-30 friendly to suit any guest. Made with a cashew base and our homemade vegan mayonnaise recipe- its delicious and full of nutrients thanks to the all the cashews and almond - based mayo. Try it out!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1½ cups diced onions
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1½ cups raw unsalted cashews
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp lemon
- ¾ cup vegan mayonnaise homemade or store-bought
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- In a sauté pan over medium heat add oil, heat and add onions and salt.
- Cook the onions until they are caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Make cashew butter with the NutraMilk
- Place cashews in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the NutraMilk along with ½ cup of cooled onions and process until smooth, and then add the rest of the cooled onions.
- Refrigerate and stir again before serving.
- Serve with potatoes chips of your choice.
Notes: For paleo, keto and whole 30 diets omit chips and serve with veggies.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by The Edgy Veg.