Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
We´ve customized pesto once more! Adding our freshly made creamy pistachio butter instead of the traditional pine nuts which truly makes this pesto stand out. We also used our vegan parmesan cheese and some fresh parsley to give it an herby flavor. You can use this pesto as a sandwich spread, as a pasta sauce, as a dip or as a drizzle over any dish. We´ve featured it here with our sliceable cashew cheese recipe that which been pan-fried and makes for a perfect appetizer. Enjoy!
For pistachio butter
- 2 cups pistachio nuts (260g)
- 1/4 tsp. pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 2 cups fresh basil
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp. pistachio butter made with the NutraMilk
- 3 tbsp. vegan parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Making the pistachio butter
- Place pistachios and salt in the NutraMilk container
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes
- Press Start
- Open the container if necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave 3 tbsp. of butter in the NutraMlk for pesto and store the rest for later use.
- Place all the pesto ingredients in the NutraMilk container along with the 3 tbsp. of pistachio butter and press Mix, until well combined.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Add extra olive oil, salt, and lemon juice if needed.