Recipe and photographs by Florencia Tagliavini, the NutraMilk nutritionist.
The key ingredient to this perfect appetizer is cashews! It´s super creamy, nutty, flavorful and especially cheesy thanks to the nutritional yeast. Your guests will love it!
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 3 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Place the cashews in the NutraMilk container and press Butter Cycle for 2 minutes.
- Open lid and add mustard, nutritional yeast, coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt into container and press Butter Cycle for approximately 4 more minutes, until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a sheet of plastic wrap. Gently wrap plastic around mixture and press it into a ball shape. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Gently peel away plastic wrap and transfer the ball to a plate. Press pecan pieces into the surface, reshaping gently as needed.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with crackers, bread or veggies.