June 18, 2019
Green Pea Hummus Dip
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
For sesame seed butter
- 2 cups (220g) raw sesame seeds*
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup sesame seed butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1 1/3 cups thawed frozen or canned green peas
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 –1/2 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt to taste
- Raw vegetables of choice to dip
*I used 1 cup white sesame seeds and 1 cup brown sesame seeds
- For sesame seed butter
- Place sesame seeds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set 15-16 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open container lid. If, necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave ½ cup of sesame butter in the NutraMilk container to make hummus dip and store the rest for later use.
- Add rest of dip ingredients to the NutraMilk and press Butter cycle until all is well combined. Add more water if necessary to get the consistency you desire.
- Arrange your veggies of choice and serve with this delicious dip.