April 18, 2019
Greek Skordalia (Creamy Almond & Garlic Dip)
Greek Skordalia (Creamy Almond & Garlic Dip) - by Abby's Food Court
"This classic Greek dip usually contains almonds, bread crumbs, potatoes, olive oil, vinegar, and lots of garlic. I played around with the traditional ingredients to make my own version and it's heavenly. It pairs perfectly with fresh carrots, cucumbers, and peppers, cooked vegetables, crackers, and, of course, warm pita bread.
I used my NutraMilk* to make almond butter before adding all other ingredients. This makes the dip even creamier and more irresistible! I can't wait for you to try!
1 CUP ALMONDS, TOASTED
1 CUP COOKED CHICKPEAS
½ CUP OATS
6 CLOVES GARLIC
½ TEASPOON SALT
2 TABLESPOONS LEMON JUICE
½ TO ¾ CUP EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
WATER TO MIX
- PPAdd the almonds to a pan and toast. Watch them carefully and toss them frequently or else they will burn! (Do not trust the voice in your head that says you can walk away!)
- Place the toasted almonds in the NutraMilk blend on the Butter cycle for 6 minutes until you have creamy almond butter.
- Add the chickpeas, oats, garlic, and a little salt into the NutraMilk and set on Butter cycle for 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar and 1/2 the oil and blend on the Butter setting for 2 minutes. Add the rest of the olive oil and blend on Butter setting until smooth.
- Serve with crunchy vegetables (celery, carrots, peppers) or crackers."