Recipe by Joanne Schneider from Nourished Body and Mind.
- 2 cups roasted hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger, ¼ tsp cloves, ¼ tsp nutmeg, ½ tsp allspice.
- Roast Hazelnuts on parchment-lined baking sheet at 375 for about 10 minutes and allow to cool. Place the cooled hazelnuts onto a clean dish towel and rub until most of the outer brown skin comes off.
- Add hazelnuts and cinnamon (without the removed brown outer covering) into the NutraMilk and process into nut butter) .
- Once processed, divide the hazelnut butter into two bowls.
- To one bowl, add ¼ tsp ginger, ¼ tsp cloves, ¼ tsp nutmeg, ½ tsp allspice.
- To the 2ndbowl, add 1 tbsp. raw cacao and tbsp.- maple syrup. Taste and add another tbsp. raw cacao if you want it more chocolatey.
- Keep each nut butter refrigerated in a sealed jar for up to two weeks!