January 16, 2020
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Chimichurri is a traditional Argentinean sauce used as a condiment or marinade for various dishes such as grilled meats, vegetables, and empanadas. The basic authentic version uses fresh parsley, oregano, garlic, chili pepper, oil, and vinegar. But there are endless variations using different proportions and ingredients such as onion, cilantro, lemon, paprika, etc.
You can make it in the NutraMilk in minutes and have a tasty, versatile sauce to use on pretty much any dish you like. Give it a try!
- 2 cups fresh parsley (tightly packed- about one bunch of parsley)
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. oregano, dried
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil or a milder flavor vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup wine vinegar
- Add all ingredients except the oil and vinegar in the NutraMilk and blend until well combined.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in olive oil and vinegar. Adjust seasoning.
- Let sit for at least 2 hours at room temperature before serving. The more you let it sit, the more flavorful it will be. Enjoy!