January 27, 2020
Recipe by: Elise Museles
The roasted cauliflower and tahini blend into a creamy, zesty, and lighter hummus minus the beans. Serve with a rainbow of veggies for ultimate nourishment + satisfaction.
- 1 medium to large head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for roasting the cauliflower)
- 1 large garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice ¼ cup tahini (make in The NutraMilk)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2-4 teaspoons water
- Sea salt to taste
- Garnish: chopped fresh cilantro, paprika, and olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop the cauliflower into florets.
- Add the pieces to a bowl and mix with a tablespoon of olive oil and a touch of sea salt.
- Please the florets on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 18-20 minutes or until golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Place the cooled cauliflower and garlic to the container and press butter cycle for one minute.
- Remove the lid and add the lemon juice, tahini, olive oil, cumin, lemon zest, salt, and 2 tablespoons water then press butter cycle for one minute.
- Drizzle in additional water if a thinner consistency is desired (up to ¼ cup). Mix until completely smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Season with sea salt to taste.
- Place the hummus into a serving bowl and top with paprika, a drizzle of olive oil, and cilantro. Dig in!
- Optional: Mix in 2 tablespoons of cilantro at the end.