May 07, 2021
Carrot Fries With Curry Dipping Sauce
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
This delicious creamy curry dip is ideal for fries, roasted veggies, raw veggies or as a spread on crackers, sandwich bread, burgers and so much more. It´s made with fresh walnut butter whipped up in the NutraMilk and a few other nourishing ingredients. It´s not only full of flavor but full of healthy nutrients such as heart-healthy fats, gut-promoting fiber, satiating protein, vitamins & minerals (vitamins E, magnesium, phosphorus), disease-fighting antioxidants and anti-inflammatory ALA/omega 3 fatty acids.
For more information about the health benefits of walnuts, click here.
For curry fries
- 6 large carrots
- 1 tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional topping: fresh cilantro
For curry hummus dip
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tbsp. + 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 cup walnuts, divided in half
For walnut butter
- 2 cups (210g) raw walnuts
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut carrots in matchsticks. Place in a large bowl and mix with avocado oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Place on two parchment lined baking sheets, spreading out evenly. Make sure they are not too close together.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stir/rotate, and bake for another 15 minutes.
- While the carrot fries bake, make the sauce:
- First, start by making walnut butter
- Place walnuts and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave ½ cup of walnut butter in the NutraMilk for dip recipe and store the rest for later use.
- Add chickpeas, salt, garlic, 2 tbsp. olive oil, lemon juice, curry powder and ½ cup walnuts to the NutraMilk and ¨Mix¨ until smooth.
- Add water to get a thinner/runnier consistency.
- Once carrots are done sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve with curry dip.
- You can also use this dip to spread on whole-wheat crackers, on sandwich bread or dip with raw vegetables.