Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Fork and Beans.
Love this idea from Fork and Beans for Earth Day! We changed it up a bit - instead of using store- bought hummus we made a legume-free ¨hummus¨ or vegetable dip with the NutraMilk.
This veggie dip is made with cauliflower, butternut squash and almond butter – The combo is full of disease-fighting compounds and nourishing nutrients! And most importantly- it´s creamy and delicious! Enjoy!
For cactus dip pots
- Veggie dip made with the NutraMIlk
- 1 cup greek yogurt (use dairy free if needed)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- small handful cilantro, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- Store-bought spinach tortillas or you can make your own how I did
- cactus cookie cutter if you can find one or make your own stencil
- 4 small jars or cups
For veggie Dip
- ¼ cup almond butter made with the NutraMilk*
- 1/2 head cauliflower cut into florets, cooked/roasted
- 2 cups pumpkin or butternut squash cubes cooked (or 2 cups canned pumpkin)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
*For Almond Butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave ¼ cup in the NutraMilk for dip and take out the rest for later use.
- Add the rest of veggie dip ingredients to the NutraMilk along with ¼ cup almond butter and mix until smooth. Add water if necessary until you reach desired consistency.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the tomato, onion, cilantro and lime together. Season with salt to taste and set aside.
- Cut cacti shapes out of each tortilla. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush lightly with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to firm up on the baking sheet.
- Layer each jar or cup with 1/4 each of the veggie dip, greek yogurt, black beans, and the pico de gallo.
- Place the cactus chips on top of the jars and serve on the side. Happy Earth Day!