April 08, 2021
Cactus Veggie Dip
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Fork and Beans.
Love this idea from Fork and Beans for Earth Day! We changed it up a bit - instead of using store- bought hummus we made a legume-free ¨hummus¨ or vegetable dip with the NutraMilk.
This veggie dip is made with cauliflower, butternut squash and almond butter – The combo is full of disease-fighting compounds and nourishing nutrients! And most importantly- it´s creamy and delicious! Enjoy!
For cactus dip pots
- Veggie dip made with the NutraMIlk
- 1 cup greek yogurt (use dairy free if needed)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- small handful cilantro, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- Store-bought spinach tortillas or you can make your own how I did
- cactus cookie cutter if you can find one or make your own stencil
- 4 small jars or cups
For veggie Dip
- ¼ cup almond butter made with the NutraMilk*
- 1/2 head cauliflower cut into florets, cooked/roasted
- 2 cups pumpkin or butternut squash cubes cooked (or 2 cups canned pumpkin)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
*For Almond Butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave ¼ cup in the NutraMilk for dip and take out the rest for later use.
- Add the rest of veggie dip ingredients to the NutraMilk along with ¼ cup almond butter and mix until smooth. Add water if necessary until you reach desired consistency.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the tomato, onion, cilantro and lime together. Season with salt to taste and set aside.
- Cut cacti shapes out of each tortilla. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush lightly with olive oil and a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow to firm up on the baking sheet.
- Layer each jar or cup with 1/4 each of the veggie dip, greek yogurt, black beans, and the pico de gallo.
- Place the cactus chips on top of the jars and serve on the side. Happy Earth Day!