July 02, 2019
Beet Tahini Hummus Dip
Recipe prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
This colorful beet tahini dip is perfect to enjoy with chips, pita, veggies or as a sandwich spread. Enjoy!
For sesame seed butter
- 2 cups (220g) raw sesame seeds*
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 4 small or 2 medium roasted beets
- 2 Tbsps. sesame seed paste made with the NutraMilk
- 5 Tbsps. lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest (zest from approx. 2 lemons)
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin (optional)
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- For sesame seed butter
- Place sesame seeds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set 15-16 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open container lid. If, necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Store in airtight container and in the refrigerator to preserve.
- Meanwhile, cook the beets: cut off any tops, scrub the roots clean, put them in a covered dish with about 1/4-inch of water in a 375°F oven, and cook until easily penetrated with a knife or fork. Alternatively, cover with water in a saucepan and simmer until tender, about 1/2 hour. Peel once they have cooled.
- Place all ingredients in the NutraMilk (no need to clean NutraMilk after making sesame butter) and press Butter for a minute or more, until smooth. If it´s too thick, add a bit of water. Taste and adjust seasonings and any other ingredients you desire.