February 27, 2020
Basketball Veggie Platter with Squash Hummus Dip
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
For sesame seed butter
- 2 cups (220g) raw sesame seeds (white or brown)
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For hummus dip
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin or butternut squash
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup sesame seed butter made with the NutraMilk
- 5 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. hot pepper sauce or chili pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp. salt
For basketball platter
- 4 large carrots, cut into 2-inch slices
- black olives, sliced
- For sesame seed butter
- Place sesame seeds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set 15-16 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open container lid. If, necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Take out butter and store in container.
- Add all squash hummus ingredients in the NutraMilk and press ¨Mix¨ until creamy and smooth.
- Add a layer of the dip to the serving platter.
- Arrange carrots and olives as shown on photo creating a basketball shape. Enjoy!