November 13, 2020
Orange-Scented London Fog
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
A London Fog is an earl grey tea latte with foamy milk and vanilla. Perfect for the cold winter mornings coming up! We have used our fresh creamy almond milk made with the NutraMilk and added some orange zest for touch of citrus.
Check out the health benefits of almonds here.
For London Fog
- 1 cup almond milk made with the NutraMilk, divided
- 1 strip (about 2 x ½-inch/5 x 1 cm) orange zest
- ¼ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 Earl Grey teabags
- Maple syrup, honey, sugar or sweetener of choice (to taste)*
- Orange zest for garnish
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 tsp. Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- In a microwave-safe measuring cup or in a saucepan, heat milk on Medium-High (70%) power in the microwave or over medium heat for about 3 minutes or until steaming.
- In a tall mug, combine orange strip, tea bags and boiling water; pour in half of the hot milk. Let steep for 5 minutes.
- If desired, froth remaining hot milk with the NutraMilk or with a battery-powered frother or whisk attachment on an immersion blender.
- Remove orange strip and tea bag from mug (without squeezing tea bag). Stir in vanilla and pour in remaining hot milk. Sweeten with sugar, if desired. Garnish with finely grated orange zest and serve immediately.
*Use approved sweetener if you are on a paleo, keto, whole 30 or other diet.