November 25, 2022
Ginger Mint Tea
This beverage can be enjoyed cold or warm depending on the weather and your mood. Add some cashew milk freshly made or previously frozen for your cold version of this tea which adds the perfect touch of sweetness and creaminess. Enjoy!
- 1 black tea tea bags
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 3 large sprigs mint
- 1 cups cashew milk ice cubes
For cashew milk /ice cubes
- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For cashew Milk
- Start by making fresh cashew milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place cashews in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes or until you get a creamy butter consistency. Take out half of the butter, and set aside
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- Freeze milk in ice cube trays to use for the cold version of this drink. It´s also a good way to store milk when your not going to use within the week.
- Bring water to boil. Add tea bags. Add ginger and half the mint. Stir to combine. Allow to brew for 5 minutes. Discard tea bag (you can also skip adding tea bag to boiling water with mint and ginger and place tea bags directly in individual mugs your going to use for tea).
- Allow tea to cool. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until cold. Other option is to serve right away hot.
- Strain tea. Serve over cashew milk ice cubes. Add any extra cashew milk if desired.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.