November 13, 2020
Dairy-Free Choco Banana Chai Latte
This might just be your next favorite winter beverage! It´s warming, creamy and sweet with a combination of different flavors. It provides all the goodness of almonds (Vitamin E, niacin, riboflavin, potassium, fiber, protein, healthy fats, etc ); bananas (potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, magnesium, Copper, etc); and our favorite cacao & mushroom powder from Sunfoods, specially designed as a superfood for cognition and focus. Enjoy!
- 3 small bananas, over ripe
- 1 cup almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 chai tea bag
- 2 tbsp. cacao powder (plus more for sprinkling) (we love Sunfood´s Cacao & Mushroom powder)
- 3 tbsp. coconut sugar (or to taste) or sweetener of choice*
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- Steep the tea bag in hot water. Strain the bag and set aside the tea.
- In the NutraMilk, combine the bananas, almond milk, cacao powder and coconut sugar. Process until smooth.
- Bring the mixture to a gentle boil over medium-low heat. The heat brings out the natural flavor and sweetness of the bananas.
- Once it begins to boil, add the steeped tea, remove from heat, stir in the vanilla extract and divide between two mugs. Sprinkle with more cacao powder on top and serve hot.
Note: if the beverage is too thick for your taste, dilute with more steeped tea and adjust sweetness to taste.
*Use approved sweetener if you are on a paleo, keto, whole 30 or other diet.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Love Is In My Tummy.