Images and recipe by Alphafoodie
*Servings 2 blocks of feta (6"x3")
A Simple Tangy, Herby Vegan Feta Cheese Recipe . A wonderfully crumbly dairy-free cheese that's perfect for salads and topping all sorts of dishes.
- 1 cup activated Cashew nuts
- 1 cup firm tofu
- 2 medium size lemons
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1.5 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp Agar powder
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1/4 almond milk (or any other plant based milk)
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano & Dried Mint
- 1 Tsp garlic powder
- Mix all of the ingredients (apart from the water and the agar powder) in the Nutramilk processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Activate the agar powder by bringing the water to boil, adding the agar and simmering for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. You want the powder to completely dissolve and the mixture to start becoming gelatinous.
- Add the agar mixture to the blender and blend for another ten seconds or so, to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated. *
- Pour the mixture into your desired moulds. I used 2 tins of 6"x3". Let cool down to room temperature, then refrigerate. Keep in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
- To flavor the feta cheese add dried herbs. I love adding oregano (dried not fresh). If using fresh herbs, these tend to reduce the shelf life of the cheese.
For full recipe and tips check https://www.alphafoodie.com/simple-vegan-feta-cheese/
View this post on Instagram
[Ad] I made these 3 cheese from scratch using my trusty food processor @thenutramilk @nutramilk_uk. It does everything I need in the kitchen, giving a great consistency to everything I blend in it. Find all the secrets on how to make vegan cheese "stretchy", "cheesy" and "melty" on my blog. I've included many tips and all the detailed steps. Link in bio or copy this: www.alphafoodie.com/simple-smoky-vegan-cheddar-cheese #TheNutraMilk #nutramilkpartner