Images and recipe by Alphafoodie
*Servings 4 medium-sized balls
1 cup activated cashew nuts
- 1 cup filtered water (separated into two 1/2 cups)
- 2 tbsp juice of one medium size lemon
- 1 Tbsp Psyllium husk flakes
- 2 Tbsp tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup unflavored coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp salt
- To begin this recipe soak the cashews in filtered water overnight (or for at least 6 hours). Alternatively, soak the cashews in hot water for 30 minutes. Once the cashews have soaked, then rinse them thoroughly.
- Mix the psyllium husk flakes, water (1/2 cup) and lemon juice and leave to rest for approximately 10 minutes, while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- Add the remaining ingredients into the Nutramilk processor and blend until you get a smooth consistency. Season and taste, using extra salt if needed.
- Add the psyllium husk mixture into the Nutramilk processor and mix again for about 10 seconds to incorporate the ingredients thoroughly.
- Place the mixture in a glass round bowl and refrigerate for about 2 hours. Now, your mozzarella is ready. Tip the bowl upside down to release the cheese and enjoy. Alternatively, pour the mixture into silicone moulds and leave to set in the fridge.
- Transfer these to an airtight container in the fridge and portion is out as and when needed. It can be stored in the fridge for a week or the freezer for a month.
See all the secrets and tips for the recipe here! https://www.alphafoodie.com/easy-vegan-mozzarella-cheese/
View this post on Instagram
[Ad] I made these 3 cheese from scratch using my trusty food processor @thenutramilk @nutramilk_uk. It does everything I need in the kitchen, giving a great consistency to everything I blend in it. Find all the secrets on how to make vegan cheese "stretchy", "cheesy" and "melty" on my blog. I've included many tips and all the detailed steps. Link in bio or copy this: www.alphafoodie.com/simple-smoky-vegan-cheddar-cheese #TheNutraMilk #nutramilkpartner