Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Have you tried combining vegetables with nut butters to make a delicious spread? We have! This combination of the natural sweetness of the carrots with fresh peanut butter is so delicious. It can be used on toasts, crackers, smoothies or even for cooking.
This spread is loaded with healthy nutrients that promote over all health. The American Heart Association has certified select peanuts with the Heart-Check mark because:
- They are an excellent source of Niacin which can reduce cholesterol.
- They a good source of Folic Acid and Vitamin E, which have been shown to prevent heart disease.
- They contain potassium and are a good source of magnesium, which can help maintain normal blood pressure.
- They contain important nutrients such as phytosterols, such as beta-sitosterol, potassium, antioxidants such as resveratrol, selenium and zinc which are also related with heart-health.
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
For carrot peanut spread
- 2/3 cup peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2 cups carrots
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Leave 2/3 cup of peanut butter in the NutraMilk and store the rest for later use.
- Peel and roughly chop raw carrots.
- Boil or steam them until they’re soft and tender.
- Add carrots to NutraMilk along with the peanut butter and press Mix for about 1 minute, until well blended. You can refrigerate it for up to a week.