December 28, 2022
Spiced Oatmeal with Figs, Walnuts, Cranberries and Cashew Milk
This flavorful oatmeal recipe has the right amount of crunch from the walnuts, creaminess from cashew milk, tart from the cranberries and sweet from figs. It´s not only super tasty but a super healthy and nourishing choice to break your fast! Enjoy!
- 1 cup old fashion rolled oats
- 1 cup cashew milk made with the NutraMilk (I previously had frozen)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp. maple syrup, agave, unrefined coconut sugar or manuka honey
For cashew milk
- 1 cup (150g) cashews
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Start by making fresh cashew milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place cashews in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- Put the oats in a small saucepan and dry-toast on a low heat until they’re slightly golden and smell like baking biscuits. Mix 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp each of nutmeg, allspice and ginger with the oats whilst dry-toasting (this really enhances the flavor).
- Add the salt, cashew milk, vanilla and sweetener of choice, turn the heat to medium-high and let the porridge come to a rolling boil.
- Once it has come to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and start stirring.
- Pour the oatmeal into a bowl to cool for a couple of minutes whilst you prepare your toppings.
- Top with a fresh fig, a sprinkling of blueberries, cranberries, walnuts and a splash of cold cashew milk.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.Recipe inspired by About Time Magazine