Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Here is a fun and creative idea to get your kids interested in preparing foods and learning to love the kitchen!
You can get as creative as you´d like using different ingredients to make faces -the possibilities are endless! These are great for a nutrient-dense breakfast or snack and an a great opportunity to sneak in some veggies to your kids diet!
Use the NutraMilk to create your favorite nut butters to spread on these rice crackers and if your feeling creative, try mixing nuts and seeds, using ingredients such as cacao or dried fruit, etc. to create a unique nut butter that might just be your next favorite spread. Check out our nut butter recipes for ideas!
- Rice Crackers
- Nut butters of choice made with the NutraMilk (I used peanut butter, pistachio butter, almond butter and chocolate almond butter)
Possible toppings to decorate faces
- Cherry tomato
- Red bell pepper
- Grapes or blueberries
- Pumpkin seeds
- Strawberry jam
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- For chocolate almond butter just add:
- 1-2 tbsp of cacao powder and sweetener of choice (optional)
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
For pistachio butter
- 2 cups pistachio nuts (260g)
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt (optional)
Start by making by making nut butters (1 or several) of choice.
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Making pistachio butter
- Place pistachios and salt in the NutraMilk container
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes
- Press Start
- Open the container if necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Spread nut butter on rice cracker.
- Get as creative as you´d like here to decorate faces. No rules, just let your imagination go. Let the kids have fun with this!
- Check out photos for some ideas.