December 09, 2021
Plant-Based Gingerbread Pancakes
Welcome the end of the year with these delicious pancakes. They are fluffy, sweetened with molasses and flavored with warming gingerbread spices for the the perfect holiday breakfast or brunch. Happy Holidays!
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 cup almond milk or other plant-based milk made with the NutraMilk
- 2 tbsp. blackstrap molasses
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- Optional Toppings: banana slices, berries, chopped nuts, maple or agave syrup
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- Whisk together almond milk, apple sauce, and molasses. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix remaining dry ingredients.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet, mix until just combined. Add more non-dairy milk if batter appears too thick.
- Melt coconut oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat, or use a griddle.
- Add a quarter cup of the batter into the pan. Flip once bubbles have formed and popped (approximately 2 minutes per side).
- Top with fresh fruit, nuts, or syrup and enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Vega.