February 12, 2019
Pistachio Pancakes With Pistachio Butter
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk Nutritionist Florencia Tagliavini.
This recipe was inspired by How Sweet Eats.)
Holiday breakfast recipes - doesn't pistachio pancakes with pistachio butter on Christmas morning sound delicious? So make sure to save this recipe to enjoy with the family for Sunday Funday, or Holiday Breakfasts!
Total time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of simple pistachio butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Simple Pistachio Butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2 cups of pistachios (260g)
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan salt (optional)
- 3 tablespoons simple pistachio butter
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
InstructionsSimple Pistachio Butter with the Nutramilk.
- Place pistachios & salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes and press start.
- Open the container lid. If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for creamier consistency.
- Set aside 5 tablespoons of the butter for this recipe and then store the remainder in the refrigerator for later use as a spread or for other recipes.
- Whisk together dairy butter and simple pistachio butter until combined. You can use it just like this or place it in the fridge to harden a bit. If so, you can wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and store it until needed.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt. Whisk together until combined.
- Separately, whisk together dairy butter and simple pistachio butter until combined. You can place both in the microwave for a few seconds to soften which will be easier to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and dairy & simple pistachio butter combo. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing until smooth and combined.
- Heat a large skillet or electric griddle over medium heat. Add a bit of butter if desired, then pour 1/4 cup of batter on the hot skillet and repeat, leaving an inch between pancakes. Cook until the pancakes bubble on the top and edges, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook for another minute or two until golden and set.
- Top the pancakes with the pistachio butter, maple syrup and sprinkle chopped pistachios (optional).