Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 1 beet boiled/peeled
- 1 cup almond milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1 large egg or 2 tbsp. ground flaxseed for vegan flax egg
- 1 tbsp. melted vegan butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
- In a small bowl, prepare flax egg: combine 2 tablespoons of ground flax seeds and 6 tablespoons of water. Mix well and set aside for about 10 minutes to thicken.
- Place beet with almond milk in the NutraMilk and puree until smooth with no lumps. Add flax egg, vegan butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and press mix to combine.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt to the mixture. Mix for a few seconds to combine, being careful not to over blend.
- Heat a nonstick griddle over medium-low heat. You can melt butter on the surface or spray with cooking oil spray or leave it dry.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the batter into the hot griddle. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until small bubbles start to form on the top and the edges firm up. Flip the pancake and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the pancake is cooked through. Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Serve immediately with mixed berries and maple syrup, if desired.