December 08, 2022
Peanut Butter Gingersnap Chews
Peanut butter lovers -These cookies are for you! deliciously rich in peanut butter flavor, with extra salted peanut pieces for some crunch and mix of sweet and savory taste your taste buds will love!
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature (you can sub for vegan butter)
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. fresh grated nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 large egg, at room temperature ( you can sub for flax egg)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour blend
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted and salted peanuts or honey roasted peanuts
For peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts (untoasted, unsalted)
- pinch salt (optional)
- Start by making the peanut butter
- Place peanuts in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter, sugar, and all of the spices on medium speed. Beat for about 3 minutes until light and fluffy. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the egg and vanilla extract beat on medium speed until combined, about 2 minutes. Add the molasses and peanut butter and beat until just combined.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. It’s important to evenly combine these ingredients before adding them to the butter and egg mixture. Beat into the dough until just combined, stopping the mixer when the flour just disappears to finish incorporating by hand into a ball. Transfer dough to a large piece of waxed paper or plastic wrap and allow to chill for 30 minutes while the oven preheats. (The dough can be left to chill overnight or for a few nights before baking.)
- Place racks in the center and upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place chopped peanuts in a shallow bowl.
- Spoon cookie dough by the two tablespoonful and roll into a ball. Roll each dough ball in chopped peanuts to coat. Place on the prepared baking sheet and flatten just slightly with the heel of your hand. Use a pencil, dowel, or chopstick to press and X into the cookie dough. Repeat with all of the cookie dough, leaving about 1 1/2 – 2 inches of space between each cookie portion.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until a deep golden brown around the edges. Allow to rest on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Joy the Baker.