Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk Nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Cookie&kate.
IngredientsFor peanut butter
- 2 cups (275g) peanuts
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 ½ medium or 2 large bananas)
- ¼ cup milk of choice or water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more to swirl on top
- 1 ¾ cups white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour
- Optional: ½ cup mix-ins like chopped walnuts or pecans, chocolate chips, raisins, chopped dried fruit, fresh banana slices
- Making peanut butter
- Place peanuts and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 2-3 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Take out 2 tablespoons for the recipe and store the rest for later use.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius) and grease a 9-1/2-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas, peanut butter and milk. (If your coconut oil solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, simply let the bowl rest in a warm place for a few minutes, like on top of your stove, or warm it for about 10 seconds in the microwave.)
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to blend. Lastly, switch to a big spoon and stir in the flour, just until combined. Some lumps are okay! If you're adding any additional mix-ins, gently fold them in now.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. If you'd like a pretty swirled effect, run the tip of a knife across the batter in a zig-zag pattern.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.