Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Simply Quinoa.
Making homemade granola is easy and you get to customize it to your liking, dietary restrictions and get total control of what goes in it. Usually store-bought granolas use unhealthy oils, lots of sugars, preservatives, etc.
Make your own granolas: sugar-free, oil-free, grain-free, etc. The options are endless, you can make many substitutions and add many different ingredients. Check out some of our other granolas:
- 5 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice (honey, agave, monk fruit sweetener)
- 2 tbsp. water
- Pinch of sea salt
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- First, start by making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Melt together the almond butter, syrup and water, whisking together until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until well mixed and all the ingredients are coated.
- Separate the mixture onto two baking sheets, and bake for 30 - 35 minutes, until the granola is starting to brown. I recommend stirring and flipping it every 10 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Let cool completely then transfer to an airtight container. Store in a cool, dry place for two weeks.