December 29, 2021
No-Bake Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cheerio Bars with Flax
Grab your box of cheerios to make a quick and easy snack or to-go breakfast bars by adding wholesome healthy ingredients. Make sure you choose the healthier organic cheerios that don't have a long list of ingredients or a lot of added sugar. Enjoy!
- 1/3 cup cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 3 cups Cheerios
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or chocolate bar
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil
- sea salt, for sprinkling
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray or use parchment paper.
- Heat medium saucepan over low heat and add in honey and almond butter. Stir frequently until smooth, creamy and warm.
- Stir in flaxseed meal then transfer to a large bowl. Stir in Cheerios.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet and press to sides evenly with a rubber spatula to ensure bars are even. Then press very firmly down with your hands.
- To make the chocolate drizzle, place dark chocolate and coconut oil in a small microwave safe bowl and heat on high 30 seconds. Stir. If chocolate hasn't melted completely place in microwave again in 10 second intervals and stir until melted.
- Drizzle or spread over bars however you like. Place pan in the freezer for 15 minutes to help cool bars and harden chocolate.
- Thaw out a bit if necessary. Cut into 16 squares. Store at room temperature or in the fridge to help keep bars more intact. Enjoy!
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Ambitious Kitchen.