April 06, 2023
Leftover Oatmeal Pancakes
Making the most out of leftover foods is a great way to reduce food waste and contribute to the health of our planet!
When you´ve made too much oatmeal and your tired of eating oatmeal, consider making these delicious pancakes. Also when you have bananas with lots of brown spots that will soon go bad, don’t throw them away, there are so many yummy recipes that you can use them for such as these pancakes or banana breads. They are best when they are brown!
Check out this pancake recipe that we created with homemade pumpkin seed milk, one of my favorite plant-based milks, which also have a lower water footprint and environmental impact than most nuts.
- 2 cups leftover, cooked oatmeal (we have a lot of yummy oatmeal recipe to check out)
- 1 cup pumpkin seed milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1 cup oat flour (gluten free if needed- this can be made from rolled oats in the NutraMilk)
- ¼ cup granular sweetener of choice
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
For pumpkin seed milk
- 2/3 cup pumpkin seeds (90 g)
- 1 quart water (946 mL)
pinch of Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Making pumpkin seed milk
- Place pumpkin seeds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 5-6 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid, add water. Replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change this default time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense.
- Press Start and open spigot to fill your storage container.
- Add all pancake ingredients to the NutraMilk and process until all is well incorporated and you have your pancake batter.
- Cook as you would normally cook pancakes, in a skillet or pancake maker.
- Serve topped with your favorite pancake toppings. Enjoy!