May 08, 2020
Keto Granola Bars
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Sweet as Honey.
For almond butter
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For wet ingredients
- 1/2 cup almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
For dry ingredients
- 1/3 cup Erythritol
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced or slivered
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
For chocolate drizzle
- 3 tbsp. sugar-free, keto-approved chocolate chips or chocolate bar, chopped
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Line a loaf pan, size 9 inches x 5 inches, with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl or a saucepan, place all the wet ingredients: almond butter, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Microwave by 30 seconds burst, stir and repeat until the coconut oil is fully melted and combines with the nut butter. It should not take more than 1 minute 30 seconds. Otherwise, melt the ingredients in a saucepan under medium heat, stirring often to prevent the mixture from sticking to the pan.
- Stir in the sugar-free crystal sweetener, stir and microwave an extra 30 seconds to incorporate well. Erythritol doesn't dissolve very well but it will give some delicious sweet crunch into your bars or see paleo note.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the rest of the dry ingredients: sliced almonds, flaxseed meal, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Pour the nut butter mixture onto the dry ingredients. Stir with a spatula to combine. You want to cover all the dry ingredients with the nut butter mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Press evenly the mixture with your hand to leave no air. Flatten the surface with a spatula.
- Freeze for 20 minutes until the breakfast bars are hard and set.
- Remove from the freezer, lift the parchment paper to pull out the bar from the loaf pan. Place on a plate. Sprinkle extra sliced almonds on top.
- In a small bowl, microwave the sugar-free dark chocolate and coconut oil until fully melted.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate on top of the bar, return into the freezer 1-3 minutes until the chocolate is set.
- Cut into 8 breakfast bars.
- Wrap each bar individually into plastic wrap or bee wax. Store in the fridge up to 8 days.