September 15, 2022
Apple Streusel Breakfast Pizzas
An apple streusel pizza version -.Great treat to enjoy for a fall weekend breakfast!
It´s dairy free, vegan and can easily be made gluten-free. Enjoy!
- 2 small or 1 large precooked pizza dough
- 2 whole apples (half tart, half sweet // peeled, cored, chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. Earth Balance (or other non-dairy butter // divided)
- 1-2 tbsp. almond butter made with the NutraMilk
For almond butter topping
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. raw sugar
- 1/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp. Earth Balance or other vegan butter
- Making almond butter
- Place almond and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Arrange apples on the baking sheet and sprinkle with lemon juice, cinnamon, brown sugar, corn starch and toss. Then speckle tiny dots of Earth Balance over the top. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until soft and fragrant, tossing once halfway through. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Place pizzas on lightly greased baking sheet, spread a generous layer of almond butter, and top with apples. Prepare streusel by combining raw sugar and flour and then cutting in butter until well combined. Sprinkle over the top of the apples.
- Bake pizzas for 10-12 minutes or until the edges appear lightly brown and the toppings are bubbly.
- Remove pizzas from oven, cut however you please and serve warm. These store well in an airtight container refrigerated for up to 2 or 3 days. Simply reheat in the oven or microwave befor
- e serving.
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Minimalist Baker.