October 03, 2019
Almond Oatmeal with Sautéed Apples
Recipe prepared & photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
For almond butter & almond milk
- 2 cups (300g) almonds
- 5 quarts water (for milk)
For the oatmeal
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk or any plant-based milk made with the NutraMilk
- 1 tbsp. almond butter made with the NutraMilk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or to taste
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
For the sautéed apples
- ½ tsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
- ½ apple, diced
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. chopped pecans
Start by making almond milk and almond butter if you don’t have a batch made.
- For almond butter:
- Place almonds and salt in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 12-13 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Open the container lid.
- If necessary, set for an additional 1-2 minutes for a creamier butter.
- Take out half of the butter and leave the other half for the milk.
- For almond milk:
- Add water to the container with the almond butter and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
Now that you have your milk & butter, you can quickly make oatmeal & sautéed apples.
- Place rolled oats, almond milk, almond butter, maple syrup, and cinnamon in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a steady simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until milk has absorbed into the oats.
- While the oats simmer, heat a small sauté pan and melt the coconut oil. Add the diced apple pieces, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Sauté until slightly softened, about 5 minutes. Toss in the chopped pecans.
- Place the oatmeal into a bowl and top with sautéed apples. Drizzle some extra almond butter or add any topping you enjoy.