Recipe by Elise Museles.
Back to school and back to work means quick and easy nourishing breakfasts. Nothing beats a morning meal that can magically happen while you’re sleeping. These overnight oats can energize you for the start of a productive day or serve as a midday blood sugar balancing snack.
- ½ banana, mashed
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
- 1½ – 2 tablespoons almond butter (or any nut butter)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seed or low sugar jam
- fresh berries
- sliced bananas
- sliced nuts
Optional: Add in a drop of maple syrup for a sweeter jar of oats.
- Make your weekly batch of plant-based milk and nut butter in The NutraMilk first.
- Mash the banana and set aside.
- Add the almond milk, oats, vanilla, and salt in a mason jar. Mix well. Stir in the banana.
- Spoon in the almond butter and mix, leaving swirls throughout.
- Cover the jar and refrigerate the oats overnight. In the morning, open up the jar, add in the jam and lightly stir.
- Top with fresh fruit and toppings of choice. Get creative!