January 06, 2020
Hot & Spicy Hot Cocoa
Recipe by Elise Museles from Kale and Chocolate.
Warm-up from this inside out sipping on this healthy hot cocoa with a fiery kick! Filled with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory spices, one mug will help you nourish your body (and soul!) with a cozy, decadent treat!
- 1 cup plant-based milk made in The NutraMilk
- 1 ½ tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- pinch of sea salt
- Maple syrup, raw honey, or stevia to taste
- OPTIONAL: a few squares of dark chocolate to add into the pot!
- Heat the milk in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Turn the heat down to low and stir in the cocoa or cacao powder, chocolate squares (optional), and sweetener of choice into the warmed liquid until dissolved.
- Add the vanilla and other spices. Whisk until well combined and heat for 2 additional minutes. Pour into a mug and dust with cocoa powder, cinnamon, and chocolate shavings. Top with coconut whipped cream for an extra special drink!