December 05, 2020
Gingerbread Brandy Milk Punch
Prepared and photographed by NutraMilk nutritionist, Florencia Tagliavini.
Recipe inspired by Boulder Locavore.
Ring in the new year with this warming gingerbread brandy punch!
For Brandy punch
- 4 cups vanilla almond milk made with the Nutramilk
- 2- inch (and 1-inch diameter) piece ginger root, thinly sliced
- 3 3- inch cinnamon sticks
- 3/4 tsp. allspice berries
- 3/4 tsp. whole cloves
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg (freshly grated if possible, otherwise ground)
- 6 oz. brandy
- 2 oz. coffee liqueur (homemade or purchased)
- plant-based milk ice cubes made with the NutraMilk (optional)*
For almond milk
- 1 cup (150g) almonds
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (or 1/8 teaspoon fresh or ground bean)
- 1 quart (946ml) water
- 1/8 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt (optional)
For almond Milk
- Start by making fresh almond milk with the NutraMilk:
- Place almonds in the NutraMilk container.
- Press Butter cycle, set for 7 minutes.
- Press Start.
- Add water and replace lid.
- Press Mix (do not change the default Mix time).
- Press Start.
- Press Dispense, open spigot and fill your container with almond milk.
*I tend to make a lot of milk and freeze what I am not going to use in an ice cube tray. This comes really handy for this recipe. Instead of using water ice cubes you can use any milk ice cubes so as they melt they give more flavor to the beverage.
- Combine the almond milk, ginger, cinnamon sticks, allspice, cloves and nutmeg in a small saucepan. Bring just to a boil and turn off heat. Allow to infuse until the mixture has totally cooled. Note: for even stronger flavor it can be transferred to the refrigerator to infuse for a few hours. Strain before using.
- To make the Gingerbread Brandy Milk Punch: In a cocktail shaker or quart size Mason jar combine 8 ounces of the gingerbread milk, 1 ½ ounces brandy, ½ ounce coffee liqueur with a cup of ice. Shake vigorously and strain into am old fashioned glass filled with ice. Grate nutmeg on top and garnish with a cinnamon stick if desired.